Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

What do you think of my Ranchu?

Discussion in 'Goldfish Judging' started by JEM Fish, Nov 15, 2017.

1. JEM Fish

JEM Fish Active Member

I get this Ranchu, Wilbur just from a cheap online seller called LewsNews on ebay, just wanted to try out online goldfish shipping and they seemed to package the fish spectacularly. Now this fish isn't anything special, has a major kink in his back right by the tail and there is some funky stuff going on with his tail, but it is symmetrical on both sides so I'm sure it's not an injury(definitely doesn't impede his quality of life at all!), He also has a small to no wen (so far, he's just a juvenile so we'll see) but man do I love him so much, everyday I look at him and the coloration just makes me so wow. I think he has some great calico coloring if you ask me, lots of blue, dark black and some orange and red thrown in! Also my other Ranchu Sullivan photo bombed. IMG_20171115_170350297.jpg

2. calicomj

calicomj Well-Known Member

He's a cute guy. I'm not a judge or Ranchu expert so that's all I can say lol

3. JEM Fish

JEM Fish Active Member

Thanks! I'm no judge either but I always love my fish!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

a lot of nice blue coloring a good fish to learn how to care for ranchu

5. JEM Fish

JEM Fish Active Member

Yeah I'm really enjoying taking care of him, it's a great learning experience! I've always wanted to keep Ranchu and they certainly are fun little goldfish! I'm looking forward for his size to increase along with his new tank mates.

6. JEM Fish

JEM Fish Active Member

Yeah I'm really enjoying taking care of him, it's a great learning experience! I've always wanted to keep Ranchu and they certainly are fun little goldfish! I'm looking forward for his size to increase along with his new tank mates.

7. sskmaestro

sskmaestro Member

I am I the only one looking Ranchus with the same way I look Orandas/Ryukins/Butterfly’s ?

Somehow these cuties are not as attractive or appealing like a butterfly/ryukin/Oranda. May be I have to start looking these in a different way.

Btw, loved the dark eyed one in your picture! He will be a rocking one with age and size. Good luck!

8. JEM Fish

JEM Fish Active Member

Yeah he's got quite the color pattern! I love how both of his eyes ate fully black like that, it's adorable!