Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

The wonderful two-year journey of the BEPs

Discussion in 'Blue Egg Phoenix Preservation Society' started by Jin, Nov 14, 2017 at 10:49 PM.

1. Jin

Jin Active Member

It has been very busy but exciting past two years. The BEPs are sure one of my favorites of all times. It is quite interesting to see their development in the past two years and watching their tails becoming long and graceful as what the original BEP line is known for. The best part is that there has not been a single case of fading of the blue so far.
    3-30-2016.jpg 5-6-2016.jpg 6-3-2016.jpg 7-21-2016.jpg 8-23-2016.jpg 2-27-2017.jpg 6-7-2017.jpg 11-12-2017 1.jpg 11-12-2017.jpg 11-12-2017 2.jpg

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017 at 1:12 PM
  2. Breann Thurman

Breann Thurman Well-Known Member

I have been wanting a pair of them. Im awaiting the space for another tank....

3. calicomj

calicomj Well-Known Member

I love blue fish. Doesn't matter the variety. The silver looking scales are just so pretty to me. I want a blue Ryukin. They can't truly be found in true blue. Makes me sad....

4. magdela

magdela Active Member

These are so pretty! Are you selling them on your site?

5. Elizabeth V.

Elizabeth V. Member

You did a good job raising them very pretty fish.:)

6. orangecrush

orangecrush Well-Known Member

These are beautiful. I'd love to have a breeding trio of these.

Happy fishkeeping, Jim.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017 at 8:37 PM
  7. csoth1

csoth1 Well-Known Member

I had a trio of blue ryukins that I unfortunately lost this summer. Blue ryukins are still on my list of breeding projects, I'm just gonna need new seed ryukin.

8. calicomj

I had one from wally-world that had a deformed mouth, fused tail, and ended up plagued with rare tumors. She also had a poor hump and shape but she was definitely a Ryukin. Blue/olive...

After removing a HUGE tumor from her head twice... I lost her to hexamita HITHD a few months later. She had ugly olive patches but she was otherwise blue. She was my favorite. I wish I could find another. She grew to be quite big in a short amount of time. She was a tiny fantail looking thing when I got her.

She had ugly scars from where the tumor was so I called her Boo Boo. Her name was originally Slate though. I still miss her a ton. Please let me know if you're ever able to get any. I would LOVE one.
    DSCN0072_zpsizfe2nid.jpg DSCN0828_zpskismnam5 (1).jpg

9. small_ranchu

small_ranchu Admin Staff Member

Ryukin and Blue Egg Phoenix is different type of fish. Please stay focus on the original topic in future.

Ichthius likes this.
  10. calicomj

Oh yikes. Really sorry. We were just talking about blue fish. All right. Take it easy. My apologies. Remove the comments if you like. Didn't mean to go off topic.

small_ranchu likes this.