Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

Tamasaba/Sabao

Discussion in 'Goldfish Video' started by nitram, Dec 17, 2010.

1. nitram

nitram Active Member

I've put 2 vids on youtube of my Sabao's and would like everyones opinion on them just look under "tamasaba" by kjames185

2. BruceP

BruceP Enthusiast

Please provide a link for me,,,,, Thanx

3. frankalank

frankalank Perpetual Apprentice

Amazing fish! I don't know much about Sabao's other than I think they are single tailed ryukins, but I will say this: If I went by the local shop and saw some like those, I would not go home without them. That's how much I liked them. Great job!
    Did you breed them? How long have you had them?
    Respectfully,
    Frank

4. nitram

nitram Active Member

Yes, I bred them myself from a male Sabao and a female Ryukin. And as far as I'm concerned they are Sabao and not Tamasaba.

5. Ranchufan16

Ranchufan16 Ryukin & Veil Enthusiast

yes please provide a link

6. VeiltailGuy

VeiltailGuy Professional Breeder

Here a link for you guys...

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  7. nitram

nitram Active Member

Thanx VeiltailGuy,my computer skills aint that good!!!

8. nygold

nygold Well-Known Member

Very nice Sabao's, nice deep reds too.

9. kendal

kendal Top-View Human

those are great fish whatever you call them. i love how full bodied they are—obviously well fed.

10. afnaveils

afnaveils Goldfish breeder

Difference between a Sabao and a Tamasaba

May be I did not see that post, but is the difference between a Sabao and a Tamasaba? Does the latter have a longer tail fin?

11. BruceP

BruceP Enthusiast

Im not aware of a difference between the two except in name. Please enlighten us.:coffee:

12. nitram

nitram Active Member

As far as I am aware the long tailed fish is called Tamasaba,the short tailed is called Sabao.....I just wish a Jugde or Expert... or someone from Japan (who knows about these fish) Would explain to the rest of the world what these fish are called....and if they have a standard we could aspire to.I know they have shows in Japan for Tamasabas/Sabao's.....so please let the experts speak, once and for all.I know setting standards for showing is difficult.....the arguments for a Ruykin standard is boring enuff....but surely if everyone stuck to the Japonese standards we would all be on the same playing field. Soccer is played throuout the world under UK rules cos we invented the game,American football is played to american rules cos they invented the game.....U get my meaning??? so why can't our fish be judged by Japonese standards? Sorry this a long drawn out thread but I'm sure there are a lot of potential goldfish showers out there that would like a standard....and please....lets not hear from people who have bin showing for years say "thats not fair" wats not fair is" you got a standard and the rest of us aint"

13. johnatoranchu

johnatoranchu Ambassador

As far as I have been able to ascertain these are regarded as commercial fish and I would be very surprised indeed if many/any serious Japanese hobbyists are involved in their culture so it follows that there is unlikely to be a Japanese "standard". Essentially they are pond fish and most Japanese live in cities and towns where few people have gardens let alone a garden large enough to accommodate a pond. Those that do are wealthy and I guess that if they wanted red and white single tailed fish to grace their garden ponds then Kohaku (koi) would be their first choice.
    John

14. basser1

basser1 New Member

Hello All. While searching Google for information about Sabao Goldfish, I came across this old thread. Thought I would share my Sabao Goldfish I received today. It seems there is confusion about Sabao as some also think they are Tamasaba. Bu there are some differences between the 2. I purchased mine from next day koi and they have a nice link that explains more about them:
    https://nextdaykoi.com/goldfish-facts/sabao-goldfish/

Here are some pics of the 2 Sabao I have. The red/white one is 6" and the red one is 5 1/2".
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]