Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

SIP Beauty

Discussion in 'R.I.P' started by Cheyenne B., Oct 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Cheyenne B.

Cheyenne B. Well-Known Member

SIP BEAUTY

I just put this sweet baby to rest. She was struggling too much. I did all I could do, I know I did. Swim bladder is sickening. I hate that her sweet soul was cursed with it. She was a rescue. I knew she had it when I got her. But the first thing that came to mind when I saw her was "Beauty". No one would have purchased her in the shape she was in. No one but me. I nursed her to health, she was doing so well the past 6 months. And then she reinjured it and broke her back. I wanted so badly to help her. I couldn't. But I ended her suffering very quickly.

@eastcoastranchu posted something yesterday that I felt she posted for me, whether she knew it or not. For most of us, it's about what we get from the hobby, how it helps us. But as time goes on, it's about what you do FOR the hobby.

Beauty's death is very hard for me. Almost as hard as finding my 14 year old fantail dead all those years ago. I saved her. I gave her a good life. And I'm not stopping! I will honor her with CheyenneGoldfish. #SIPBEAUTY

IMG_6927.JPG IMG_7418.JPG

2. Cheyenne B.

Cheyenne B. Well-Known Member

IMG_7419.JPG

My mom got my dad to make a stone for Beauty. She was her favorite of my fish. The past two days, it's came an absolute flood. Maybe next year, I'll be able to plant a flower garden around her.

robprid likes this.