Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

Saying hello

Discussion in 'New Members' Area' started by Cybercat, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Cybercat

Cybercat Active Member

Hello,

At present I don't own any GF. But I am a old aquarist. Like many had GF when young and they didn't live long with our mollies. Older and wiser now so doing my research for future. At present I have a 75gallon tetra tank with canister filter and it's planted with swords. Thinking after Tetras pass there a few years old now, I would like to get couple GF for a change. So doing my research for that future time.

2. Sbuggg13

Sbuggg13 Active Member

Welcome! Hope you find everything you are looking for here. I love tetras, but I also understand wanting to move over to goldfish. I think you'll find the goldfish hobby wonderfully enjoyable. What goldfish were you thinking of getting into? So many varieties to choose from, I currently have butterfly telescopes. They are my favorite! Good luck with the research, there's a lot of good resources here in info as well as people.

Sarah

3. Cybercat

Cybercat Active Member

Hi Sarah,

I perfer the telescope eyes too but also veiltail and the Pom Poms and BEP. I'm am planning for breeding program down the road as it always happens in my tanks. Time will tell how it all comes about.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  4. Sbuggg13

Sbuggg13 Active Member

That sounds awesome, I am getting my fish ready for breeding as well. I was hoping to get it done inside before spring, but they are just not having it. It's so hard to breed in a tank. Good luck with your plans, hope you get great results!