Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

Marine land c220 magniflow $89.10

Discussion in 'Discount Corner' started by Justintime, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Justintime

Justintime Active Member

I was looking for a new filter for my 55gal I'm about to set up and decided to look at petsmart because my brother gave me a gift card for there and wow marine land c220 on sale $89.10 normally $149. !!!! You have to show them the online sale on your phone and they adjust the price for you , bought mine last night

2. Cheyenne B.

Cheyenne B. Well-Known Member

I own this filter, actually discontinued it a few months ago. Be prepared to clean it often. Most people think canisters don't need cleaned for months at a time, and this isn't true. It does a good job, but it is costly and to me, isn't worth the time of cleanings. Not to mention, I was having to remove and clean the impeller two or three times per week because it kept getting clogged and noisy. I'm a nurse, my back is my livelihood and it absolutely killed me to lug it across the house to clean. I now run all Aqua Clear's.

Carolann likes this.
  3. Carolann

Carolann Member

Sometimes things can look like a good deal till you live with them, sounds like you found this was one of those items.

4. Cheyenne B.

It was, I got it on Black Friday for $75. Used it for 8 months and got rid of it.

5. Justintime

Justintime Active Member

But how was your water quality Did it do it's job

6. Cheyenne B.

I used this on a 60 gallon and ended up needing another filter, this one wasn't enough. I also didn't like that I couldn't control the flow, like I can with the Aqua Clear's.

7. Justintime

Justintime Active Member

IMG_1507.JPG I'll be using it with a fluval aqua clear 70 on a 55gal it's a shame it needed so much cleaning I'm a welder fabricator so I know all to well about getting hurt and it affecting my work what are you using now on the 60 gallon

8. Cheyenne B.

My water was so dang foggy, it was ridiculous. The tank was also in my living room, so everyone saw it and it drove me crazy. It is currently running 2 Aqua Clear 70's, which is 600 gallons per hour. I actually have two 60's and both run the same. My 40 gallon breeders and 50 gallon bow front run Aqua Clear's as well. I clean 7 aquariums weekly, along with their filters, and you would be surprised how much time these filters save me. Not to mention, I was able to fit all the media from that canister into these filters, so nothing went to waste. The impeller drove me the most crazy. I even contacted customer service and they knew about the problem, but had no intention of fixing it. You have to take it out and clean it so often, you end up breaking it and have to keep ordering more. Honestly, I would get a refund and get another Aqua Clear. You'll be happier in the long run.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017