Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

First BEP Spawn

Discussion in 'Blue Egg Phoenix Preservation Society' started by steamboatpilot, Jan 19, 2018.

1. steamboatpilot

steamboatpilot Active Member

Just spawned my BEPs last Sunday. The parents came from Zhaos Fancies, 2 males and 2 females. One pair was ready for business on Sunday the other was not. I have a bowl load of fry and brine shrimp cooking, the fry should be free swimming tomorrow. Doing daily 100% water and bowl changes on the fry with aged tank water from the parents water.
    This is my first goldfish spawn so I am learning a lot as I go, goldfishgarage has been coaching me on instagram. I am cautiously optimistic.

Stevec, afnaveils and Mild-Thang like this.
  2. joe

joe Well-Known Member

great job we need more people like you keeping bep line going. At least you know you going to have a lot fish that breed true with Zhaos bep's

3. shinyaMillan

shinyaMillan Member

cant wait for updates!

4. steamboatpilot

steamboatpilot Active Member

Oh, sorry forgot about this thread. I have probably culled about 150 fish so far due to deformities. The rest I am letting get a little bigger so I can see their fins better. I still have maybe 100-200 fish. They are in a 23 gallon mixing tub fitted with a bulkhead and stand pipe for easy water changes. I keep the babies at 75F and give them water changes daily or every other day with 30 gallons aged water from their parents tank.. Lots of baby brine shrimp, I rotate through 2-3 hatcheries, started with 3 now down to 2, just hatch a fresh one daily.

Current size of the Fry, we are at about 34 days post fertilization
    [​IMG]

Tub from Ace on the recommendation of GoldfishGarage
    [​IMG]

Brine shrimp facility. The tank holds bio media that is cycling so it is kept at 80F which is great for brine shrimp in my cold garage. I trilled 4" holes in some plex to insert the deli cups into. Airlines are off my main pump that I use to run all my sponges.
    [​IMG]

Water Change

afnaveils likes this.
  5. shinyaMillan

shinyaMillan Member

They are looking beautiful and you are clearly putting your all into this project. The future of the BEP is looking good. I hope to one day find a pair and contribute to their preservation as well.

6. afnaveils

afnaveils Goldfish breeder

Can you go to The Goldfish council chat on FB and reply to my mini survey? Thanks!