Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

Egg Bound Oranda

Discussion in 'Goldfish Clinic' started by Cheyenne B., Jan 6, 2018.

1. Cheyenne B.

Cheyenne B. Well-Known Member

Good news! I found waste in the tub for the first time in 9 days!

2. joe

joe Well-Known Member

that is fantastic news, that means the kidneys and other organs have not shut down. Your medicated food with the food to feed after the 14 days of medicated food will arrive no later than Wednesday noonish. Overnighting to you first thing Tuesday morning

Cheyenne B. likes this.
  3. Cheyenne B.

I will be on the look out! My parents thought I was crazy this morning, screaming "She pooped!" :D But it was a really good sign :)

4. Cheyenne B.

Y'ALL! MALACHI ATE! WITHOUT ME FORCE FEEDING!

Instead of holding her and forcing the syringe, I let her rest in my strainer. I put the syringe in front of her face and squirted a little food at a time. SHE TOOK IT! She ate almost 4 whole mls of Solient Green! I knew she was a fighter!

5. Pepeperon

Pepeperon Active Member

I’m happy to hear!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheyenne B. likes this.
  6. orangecrush

orangecrush Well-Known Member

I am so happy to hear that. I would keep fresh food in there for her so she can nibble when she feels like it. Replace it a few times a day on top of the meals that you give her.

Good luck, Jim.

Cheyenne B. likes this.
  7. joe

joe Well-Known Member

yeah way to go, what a strong little girl

Cheyenne B. likes this.
  8. Cheyenne B.

Malachi is doing so good! Today, I didn't even have to use the syringe! I sprinkled gel food in the water and she went for it all on her own! :)

orangecrush and Pepeperon like this.
  9. calicomj

calicomj Well-Known Member

Great news. I wonder what made her feel so bad she wouldn't eat. You've had a few fish in hospital since I've joined here. But they all bounce back so it doesn't seem to be true DISEASE. Just to check, are you sure your KH and pH are in order?

10. Cheyenne B.

I've had two fish truly sick. Her and JoJo. I've had two females be stressed from males, in which they were moved. She's had 3 rounds of Kanaplex and 4 rounds of Metro. I'm pretty sure there was some kind of GI infection. And yes, pH and KH are just fine. The only thing about living here is that my pH is always 7.0 to 7.2

Never been an issue before.

I take excellent care of my fish. These fish are like my children. There's nothing I wouldn't do for them. I've stayed up with Malachi, syringe feeding 6 or more times, trying to get her to take something, even a little bit. I know of very few fish keepers that would do that. If you put in the work, 99% of the time, you get a good result.

joe likes this.
  11. calicomj

calicomj Well-Known Member

I agree with you. I'm only two years into fish keeping and my fish are tough enough to where most can easily survive freezes. Takes good feeding and water changes. I paid $5 for the fish I got that got sick. I had to have spent more than $40 on him and it took ages but he bounced back and I still have him. It is my opinion that a neutral pH isn't ideal for goldfish but many would argue that and so I won't even say it could be an issue. I'm glad she's better.

12. Cheyenne B.

UPDATE: Joe sent the Metro meds to me. Malachi has been eating them for a few days now, with no issues whatsoever. I don't syringe feed anymore, just scatter the pellets in the water and she goes after them all on her own. She is also back to pooping her usual.

Pepeperon likes this.