Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

common vs black moor?

Discussion in 'Goldfish Conversation' started by Bahstin, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Bahstin

Bahstin Member

So, I have a 29g tank and a 10g tank. I had been using the 10 as a hospital tank while my common was recovering from hole in the head. The common was introduced to the 29g tank and won't leave the moor alone a minute. The common is certainly more active, of course. This is not just during feeding. The 29g is new to the common, so there wouldn't be a need to rearrange? Did I make a mistake by getting the moor? It's like fish bullying and I don't want Johnny to have to live like this. I put the common back in the smaller tank for the night. Oh and the common is about 2 1/2" and the moor is 2", both without the tail. Appreciate in advance.

2. shakaho

shakaho Well-Known Member

How long have they been together? Please describe the "bullying."

Some fish get so excited about getting a tank mate that they follow the other fish all the time just trying to get acquainted. This usually goes away in a few days. If the common is repeatedly pushing against the moor, "Johnny" may be "Joanie" and the common an amorous male.

You might get a tank divider to separate them until the common settles down.

3. Bahstin

Bahstin Member

Thank you for your reply. Lol, "Joanie" I suppose that could be the case. I'll research to differentiate. Johnny is new, I got him while the Common was recovering in the hospital tank. He gets relentlessly chased all over the tank, pushing into him occasionally. I haven't seen any biting or anything like that, though. I'll try again and give them a few days. Thank you again.