Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

Buffalo Head Ranchu Grooming

Discussion in 'Goldfish Grooming' started by StephenVargaRanchu, Dec 21, 2017.

1. StephenVargaRanchu

StephenVargaRanchu New Member

I am wondering what are the requirments to groom the best possible buffalo head ranchu. I have experience with TVR, and there is a lt of information out there for it, but wanted to know how similar it is to buffalo heads? Is it more or less identical except for water changes? More frequent water changes to drop the tail shoulders?? is there a buffalohead husbandry bible out there somewhere?!....

Anyone who has done this i hoping i can pick their brains on this matter..

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  2. joe

joe Well-Known Member

I would say it is very similar to raising tvr. i.e. multiple small feedings of high protein food, raise in shallow water, lots of clean water, change the amount of feeding and amount of protein as the fish matures. Check with eastcoastranchu (Cynthia) as she is an expert on raising buffalo heads.

3. csoth1

csoth1 Well-Known Member

To be honest I've kind of always thought of buffalo head as a gimmick from importers to create a market for bad TVR offspring. Like just poor peduncle and tail but it's not like you could sell them as a side view Japanese ranchu, thus "buffalo head" haha.

4. StephenVargaRanchu

StephenVargaRanchu New Member

Funny enougg East Coast Ranchu is why i made this thread.. i saw a juvenile starter kit and was pretty curious. If its shallow water i dont think ill have enough room this year sadly.. just deeper water set ups.

Csoth1, hahah i can see that.. it is sort of like that isnt it... i think the scooped head and reaaaaaly dropped ahoulders on them has come an extreme way... my tvr from the side would make horrible svr.. which im glad!!