Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.
  1. Guest
    Friendly note from GFK. Please review this beginner guide for your fish.

Any opinions on buygoldfishonlone.com?

Discussion in 'All Questions from Newbies' started by CosmicMegaDonkeys, Nov 12, 2017.

1. CosmicMegaDonkeys

CosmicMegaDonkeys Member

I've been looking around online at different goldfish sites and found buygoldfishonline.com. being on a budget I thought I would get some smaller fish from their stock section. On top of this, the website is also having a big moving sale, so the prices are really appealing to me. I was wondering if anyone could tell me there experience with ordering from here? Has anyone ordered from the stock section? How did the fish look?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2. CosmicMegaDonkeys

CosmicMegaDonkeys Member

Buygoldfishonline.com*

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

3. JEM Fish

JEM Fish Active Member

If you're going to comment you should just include helpful answers to their question.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

4. calico3

calico3 Well-Known Member

Hi CosmicMegaDonke :As a Cdn resident most USA breeders can not ship fish to me . However I do follow a lot of american websites to see what is available & to follow pricing. One website I have checked out is Waverly Goldfish, the owners are members of this site and their prices seem very reasonable and they seem to be keen & knowledgeable. They breed blue oranda's and butterfly telescopes and are breeding for other colours in their fish. They also have smaller fish so you have the fun of watching them grow. Only a suggestion as another site to look at.

Again I can not comment on shipping , good luck on your purchases & forward pictures .

csoth1 and Shelli like this.
  5. Shelli

Shelli New Member

Thanks for the suggestion, always looking for more sources!

6. Performer

Performer New Member

Where do you buy goldfish to Ship to Canada? Thanks

7. joe

joe Well-Known Member

www.fishsempai.com He does not update his site much but does so on facebook and instagram.

8. Kayte

Kayte Active Member

I recently bought a number of fish from buygoldfishonline.com. In fact, I took advantage of the sale! I bought 9 goldfish. Sadly one fish arrived DOA. I sent a photo within the time limit given as terms of conditions for a refund. I was refunded right away. All my other goldies arrived safe and sound in very good health. I thought my aquarium was cycled prior to buying. I found that it was not after I added my fish. So far they do not seem the worse for wear during this fish in cycle so my fish seem to be in stellar health.

The only issue I had was with his floating pellets. Immediately after buying the floating pellets I had buyers remorse. I read that floating pellets can cause swim bladder.... after my purchase, go figure! I sent him an email the next day asking him to switch the floating pellets for the sinking ones he sells as both are sold for the same price. He didn't accommodate my request as I ultimately received the floating pellets. After a week of feeding the fish the floating pellets, I noticed one of the ryukins acting strange. At first I thought he was just playing in the current from the waterfall spillway from my planter box filter. Then I realize he was in the beginning stages of having swim bladder disease. I instantly feed all my fish a handful of peas. With the ryukin, I had to force feed him the peas. I took him out of the aquarium and placed him into a bowl. I held him upright with his mouth close to the surface. Every time he opened his mouth I attempted to drop a tiny piece of shelled pea into his mouth. This I know was probably not the best way of doing this. I just don't have the proper hospital type equipment gather yet so I want to treat him as fast as I could. That said, the next day the ryukin was back to normal. Next time I may use a syringe so that I am not force feeding the fish air too. That may be the safer way to administer emergency pea treatment.

So all in all my experience has been a good one. But do note that I have read some not so flattering reviews. I bought in spite of these. Would I buy from him again? Sure. It makes me nervous when I read reviews that are all extremely positive. In make me think that the seller is either removing the unflattering reviews or posting only good reviews on behalf of his/her customer. A few bad reviews I think is normal. My threshold for any company I am buying product or services from is about 80% good and 20% bad. If the review mix is more than 95% good, I start to get suspicious.

I hope this has been helpful.

Cheers,
    Kayte

9. Justintime

Justintime Active Member

I bought my Ranchu from buy goldfish online and she was in great shape even let me ask for specific traits and color patterns and communication was good to